Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Empty Space & Yoga Modeling

It's funny. Sitting in the dark morning, half asleep, dreaming, mind wandering and then reeling it back in. Forgiving yourself over and over again for being human and having thoughts rise again and again. I often try to feel my skin--that outermost layer of myself that is the most tangible contact with the outside world. Sometimes, I can actually feel the air on my exposed skin, and I sit there contemplating what it is I'm touching. What I've come to realize, though, is that what I'm touching is not so much outside of myself. Instead, it is holding me together in a solid form; I am only this way because of the space outside--it is not so disconnected. And if I can touch and feel this space, I can touch and feel everything that is not my concrete body. I am connected to the world then, as I sit feeling the air on my skin. I am connected to everything outside of me--which, I suppose, is not really outside, it is just all the same whole.

Can you feel the outside world against your skin? Can you feel yourself be a part of the whole. Can your melt into that indifference and change your mind about what you have come to believe is so solid and unchanging. The intangible becomes tangible when we stop and feel what exists. It's funny because it's always there, our connection to the whole, but we seldom recognize it.


On a completely different note...This is a picture of a postcard for my friend's organic yoga t-shit business in Northern California..I got to do the modeling :)

No comments: